Your Best of


I was listening today to my Best of Jimi Hendrix album. Best of Albums are great because they focus only on the songs that most would consider the artist’s best work.

Suddenly, a question percolated up to the top of my consciousness.


In the martial arts, what is our Best of Album?

Think about it. If every human on the planet was required to take the martial arts for 6 months, what would you teach them, your Best of Album. Imagine the impact, positive or negative. Of course, we would teach the basics of your art. Then what? Would you teach them sparring and self-defense? Remember, we are talking about the whole world here.

Or…

Would you embrace other ideas?





My Best of Album (right now) consists of

Side 1: For Adults

Anger Management

Conflict Resolution

Effective Communication Skill

Stress Management

Environment Self-Defense

Financial Self-Defense

Healthful Eating

Side 2: For Kids

Random Acts of Kindness

Community Service

Fire Safety

Abduction Awareness

Healthful Eating

Bully Defense

My goal over the next few months is to add aspects and drills of each of these to my basic program. I feel that if every person had a basic understanding of these areas we would create a better world.

What is your Best of?

If you have any other concepts to add please leave a comment below.



Comments