Sensei Fuel: The Elvis Sandwich

I found a new recipe the combines two things I love – Bananas and Peanut Butter. It’s call an Elvis Sandwich. It’s cooked like a grill cheese but made with banana and peanut butter. Ester told me that it was a favorite of Elvis hence the name.

I was a little skeptical at first but found it to be delicious. I make it the healthful way with natural peanut butter, whole-wheat bread, and olive oil instead of butter.

The Elvis Sandwich

2 slices Whole Wheat Bread
1 Banana
Natural Peanut Butter
Olive Oil

Spread a layer of Natural Peanut Butter a slice of Whole Wheat Bread. Peel and cut the banana and place on the Natural Peanut Butter. Close the sandwich with the other slice of Whole Wheat Bread. Spread Olive Oil on the outside of both sides of the sandwich. Grill in pan until lightly brown on both sides.

Voila! You’re done.

Comments