Sensei Fuel – Old Fashion Whole-Wheat Pancakes

Living a healthy lifestyle is a very important value for me so I wanted to share with my readers what I eat to fuel my body.

Ester and I love cooking because in my mind, it represents taking your health into your own hands. It’s like the old saying “you are, what you eat.”

Also, I read Tim Ferris blog,
Depression: How You Label Determines How You Feel where he sites a study by Alan Krueger and Daniel Kahneman, winner of the 2002 Nobel Prize, called “Would you be happier if you where richer?” . Read the paper, it’s fascinating work. They found that the best indicator of happiness is the number of times we eat with friends and family.

I honor of these two reasons. I am starting a new feature called Sensei Fuel, where I will share our favorite recipes for healthful eating. Don’t forget to share a meal with friends and family.

Sunday breakfast is a regular weekly event at our home. Sunday is one of the only mornings that we can sit down as a family and eat breakfast.

One of our favorites for Sunday Breakfast is Old Fashion Pancakes. We use Ms. Butterworth’s Sugar Free Syrup to reduce our sugar intake. Of course, everyone knows that I am a frugal person so we make them from scratch using The New Cook Book (Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbooks) recipe.

1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup Milk
2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all ingredients and mix with beater. Pour ¼ cup of batter on griddle lightly greased with Pam.

Makes 12 dollar size pancakes

I like the whole-wheat version in which I use ½ cup of whole-wheat flour and 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.

Comments