Easy enough to cook on a weeknight. This recipe came from Julee Rosso's Fresh Start Cookbook.
- 1/2 pound linguine, fettuccine, spaghetti, or other pasta
- 2 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 16 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 20 frozen artichoke heart quarters, thawed, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion greens
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Once done, drain the pasta and save one cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the pesto and keep it warm.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, until the shrimp is just pink. Add the peas and artichokes, lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for an additional minute. Add the green onions and parsley, reduce the heat to low. Add the pasta and about a third of a cup of the reserved cooking water. Toss to coat evenly. Add more cooking water if the pasta is still a little too dry.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.