Square Foot Garden Update


Okay, here's an update on my square foot garden. First, Ester and I went out and got transplants of strawberries, lettuce, celery, broccoli and purple cabbage. We also transplanted some pansies in the corners to add a splash bit of color. Two weeks ago, we planted seeds of radishes, carrots, onions, green onions and garlic, and snow peas. The radishes are off to a good start (all 16 germinated). The first snow peas plant poked through the soil. The garlic is really taking off. I see some onions are just breaking through. The warm weather and rain last week has jumped started our garden.


The frugal side of me is interested in see how much growing a garden costs compared to purchasing produce. I am tracking our money spend and will give monthly updates along with total produce yields. I would keep a time journal but since planting two weeks ago, I have not spend any additional time on it. I almost feel guilty. Everyday, I walk out and check the garden but there's nothing to do.

For more information about square foot gardening, read the book All New Square Foot Gardening or visit www.squarefootgardening.com.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments