Sensei Fuel: Broccoli-Leek Soup

We had a some leaks and broccoli in our refrigerator so I thought I’d use them up by making this soup. I love soup because they are healthful and filling.

I must say that since I started writing and cooking for this blog, my cooking skills have improved. My knife cutting and chopping skills steadily develop so the time of me to whip up a meal is quicker.

I found this recipe in The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup (Williams-Sonoma Collection).

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, including tender green parts, finely chopped
1 ½ lbs broccoli trimmed, florets and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups (32 fl oz) chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup sour cream
Garlic Croutons for garish
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives

Over medium heat in a large saucepan, warm the oil. Sauté leeks until softened, 3-5 minute then add broccoli and continue to sauté until softened about 2 minutes longer.

Add stock and bring to simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat.

In a blender, puree the soup in batches until smooth and return the soup to pan. Reheat soup over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream croutons, and chives. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
http://www.maximpactkarate.com/
timrosanelli.blogspot.com



Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli



↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments