Positive Self-ExpectancyWinners expect good results. They display the overall attitude of positive optimism and enthusiasm. Winner understand that life is a self-fulfilling prophecy, that we get what we expect.
Loser's chalk up failures to "bad luck". Winners know that "bad luck" is attracted by negative thinking. Instead, winners create "good luck" through optimism. They make optimism a habit.
- What situation turned out better because of your optimism?
- Did you every have a problem that was a hidden opportunity?
Have the students partner up and hold pads for each other. Tell the pad holder to be a good finder and find things good about the partner's technique.
- Use positive self-talk all day - "It's another great day for me!"
- Look at problems as opportunities
- Be a good finder in others
Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate