Vanilla Ice Cream - Some Labor Day Fun

The summer is coming to a close. I watch my diet fairly closely, but every week, I enjoy a free day, usually Sunday, which I eat anything I want.

This week, I figure this is a great time to break out the ice cream maker and make some ice cream for my free day. You can substitute some of the higher fat ingredients for lower fat options but for my free day, I didn’t bother.

Ingredients
1 cup whole milk, well chilled
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
1 – 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, to taste

In a medium bowl, whisk the whole milk and the sugar until the sugar completely dissolves. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla. Pour into ice cream maker and run for 45 minutes. Place the ice cream into an air tight container and let ice cream firm in the freezer for 2 hours.

Enjoy your FREE day!

Comments