Masterminding in Clearwater

Last week, I attended NAPMA's Extreme Success Academy. It was a great event. I was able to discover areas to improve and learned lots of material to bring back to the school.

I went to the event thinking that I would not know anyone. To my surprise, I had many people that knew me from my writing. I meet many other school owners because of my writing and many of them were picking my brain about school operations. At the round table discussions, I ended up with a brunch of people at a table asking me questions.

Looking back on the event, I believe the most important thing is the whole concept of Masterminding. Because it's so important to surround yourself with like-minded people. I realized many years ago that our students don't keep coming to class to learn karate so much as receiving top-notch mentoring.

Jack Canfield said "You will become the average of the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time with." Well, our martial arts program provides the opportunity to elevate the level of the 5 people you spend the most time with.

In the book Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill discusses the importance of this concept. The idea is so simple. Just surround yourself with the people who are producing the results and successes that you want to experience and it will happen!

I see perfect examples of the masterminding effect all the time in my karate classes. When a 5 year old graduates from our Little Ninjas program, they move into our youth karate program. Almost over night, the 5 year old starts acting like the other 9 year old's in the class. If you put a 9 year old in class with 12 year old's, the 9 year old begins to act like a 12 year old. If you put adults with like-minded adults, suddenly the group grows together. In fact, almost every new adult entering our program, in the first three months, receives a substantial raise or promotion at work. Why? It's the masterminding effect.

Masterminding is where the true value of our martial arts program lies.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments