The Fork in the Road

Your choice to start karate is like a fork in the road. Once you make that choice to learn karate, your life is changed in a positive way, forever.

Think about it...

The knowledge we gain through the martial arts can never be taken away - it's with us forever. The other path is gone forever. The longer you're on the karate path the further diverged you become from the other possible life.

Every once in a while, I think about how my life would have been different if I didn't start karate 28 years ago. It helped me conquer anger problems. It gave me the focus and discipline to graduate college with high honors. It gave me the sense of responsibility that helped me excel in my career. Finally, it gave me the persistence to create a karate school that has almost a magical quality to it.

Ben Franklin said, "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." The culture of our society has moved away from this idea.

In many cases, we'd rather spend money on a nice car or entertain our children by purchasing frivolous toys. These things have zero effect on our development - after 4 years, the old car will be long forgot as we buy a new car and the forgotten toys carted out to be sold at a yard sale.

But...
I found that our experiences are never forgotten. In fact, I still constantly talk about experiences that I had in the Martial Arts and would not trade them for the world.

This is a call to action. Let's shift our mindset from purchasing things to creating experiences and invest in our personal development.

Let's bring Ben Franklin's wise words to life again!

The great thing about karate is we do most of the hard personal development work for you. We do the research and put it into an easily digestible lessons.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments