Obama's Address to Congress about Education and Karate

I watched President Obama’s Address to Congress last night. I must say that he’s going to go into history as one of the great orators of our time. I watch him to pick up some public speaking tips that I can use in my karate classes.

In his keynote speech last night, he spoke of the importance of education to the future of our country. I couldn’t agree more! The statistics show that ¾ of the jobs in America require a college level education and only ½ the population has a college degree. In order to compete in the global market, we need a high level of education and a lower level of High School dropouts.

But…
Graduating college requires a lot more than just being smart. I wrote here about how the valedictorian failed out of college. Check out this article here to read more about research into this area.

The fact of the matter is that our schools do a terrific job of educating our children but success in college and our career requires more than basic studies. Success in college and beyond requires focusing on goals, the discipline to be self-motivated, and a sense of purpose and responsibility. These are the exact skills that an excellent karate school provides students.

How do I know? Because I begin karate at the age of 9. I attribute all my success in college and my career to my early karate training. Because being smart and intelligent is useless without the focus, discipline, and purpose to use it.

You may wonder what age is the best age to start. Well, the answer is the earlier, the better. Psychologists believe that the first five years of our life have the greatest impact on a child for the rest of their lives. Wouldn’t you want the karate success cycle to be part of your child’s formidable years? Small changes early in a child’s development will generate profound effects later in life.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments