Some Great Website on Sustainable Living

With the approach of spring, the start of the gardening season, and the upcoming Earth Hour and Earth Day events. This time of year I am thinking green and looking for ideas to implement for our dojo's environmental self-defense program.

I am attracted to the ideas of simple living, self-sufficiency, and homesteading. In fact, I am currently looking to buy some commercial real estate for our dojo so that I can use it as my laboratory for sustainable living ~ more on that when the time comes.

In my research, I found some great websites about sustainable living and homesteading that I wanted to share with everyone.

Countryside & Small Stock Journal
The Countryside & Small Stock Journal was established in 1917 that is "serving that branch of the Voluntary Simplicity movement seeking greater self-reliance".

The website features articles from Homesteading as a business to Gardening to Survival skills. They also feature a blog called the Scarecrow Chronicles which is regularly updated with articles.

Backwoods Home Magazine
Backwoods Home is "packed with solid, practical, hands-on information on a wide range of self-reliance topics."

And packed it is with great articles like...
Mother Earth News
Mother Earth News has tons of articles that are refreshed daily. They call themselves "The Original Guide to Living Wisely."

They feature sections on Do It Yourself, Renewable Energy, Green Homes, Organic Gardening, etc. with tons of excellent content.
Wow! Looking at these websites has given me tons of ideas for my dojo and home.

If you have any great websites, please post a link for me in the comments section.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments