Maximum Impact Karate’s Anthology Part 2~ Small Actions create Huge Results

This is the continuation of Maximum Impact Karate's Anthology giving a personal history of events leading up to our dojo's 5 year anniversary.

“When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers.”
Colleen C. Barrett


Since I was a teenager, I’ve kept a journal with written goals. I’ve looked into the journal to retrace my steps…

According to my journal, the seeds of starting my own school started in 2000, when I took a job in Customer Service. At this time, I wrote about my desire to learn customer service skills because I felt they were lacking in the Martial Arts Schools and would add tremendous value when I started a school.

Starting a karate school appeared as a written goal on 8/5/03 ~ about a year before opening Maximum Impact Karate. The deadline for the goal was 9/1/08. Some events happened that forced me to move forward with my plans. That year, I spent reading and studying to educate myself on starting a business.

This time in my life, I had very little free time with a family, kids, working 60 hours per week, and teaching karate 2 nights per week at the Center Club in Lambertville. To write my business plan, I would use my work breaks and lunch to sit in my car to write. My goal relied on consist small actions in 15 minutes clips to reach my goal.

I learned that small consistent actions creates huge results. That we need to be the bricklayers in our lives to commit to some action.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments