Maximum Impact Karate’s Anthology ~ The Genesis of an Idea

“The mountain gets steeper as you get closer”

September 7th will be our 5 year Anniversary. I thought it would be interesting to document an anthology of events leading us to our Five year Anniversary. This Anthology is kind of a behind the scenes look at our school’s development and my own personal development along the way. The whole experience of our school’s development has many great lessons ingrained in it.

I am still getting grips on the fact that it’s been 5 years ~ a little nostalgic too. Starting our karate school is my biggest and greatest endeavor. Over the last five years, I had to overcome huge obstacles and challenges. Prevailing over these obstacles forced me to grow and stretch my skills in every area.

Michehl’s Rule for Mountain Climbers says “The mountain gets steeper as you get closer.” The idea of starting a karate school seems easy. You get a space to practice and teach classes but I realized early on that there is much, much more to running a great karate school.

My goal from the very beginning was to make our karate school the best. When faced with decisions, I constantly ask myself, “What will make us the best?”

The Genesis of Maximum Impact Karate…
Since college, I had a desire to teach karate. Once I graduated college, I joined the Center Club in Newtown. At the time, I was working 2nd shift and the Center Club had a morning class on Tuesdays at 10:30am. I joined the class.

Then, in April 1995, the teacher moved to Chicago and I was asked to start teaching the class. I taught there until the Center Club opened a new location in Lambertville, NJ in the spring of 1997. I was asked to teach one of the nights and eventually I worked my way to teaching twice a week.

In 1998, I lived a lifelong dream of completing in the Japan Karate Association’s World Championship for the USA. For students of Shotokan, this competition is like going to the Olympics of karate. After this competition, I remember getting the feeling of “What’s Next?”

At this time, I started to totally immerse myself into teaching. By 2003, I felt that I was getting stagnate in my training and teaching.

At this time, I realized that my next step as a Martial Artist was to step out of my comfort zone and to run my own school. This was one of the best decisions that I ever made because I've grown as a martial artist and teacher exponentially.

Part 2 coming soon...

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments