Ask Dr. Robyn Silverman - Ever had your child say "I HATE you" when angry?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueo_BSyYRC0

Here's some terrific advice from http://www.drrobynsilverman.com. Anyone with kid's should bookmark this site.

Dr. Robyn Silverman provides specific tips to parents so that they can help their children learn some constructive anger management. Anger Management is the Powerful Word of the Month this month– and is a vital social skill that helps everyone better function in relationships and prevent unnecessary violence.

Today’s letter is from Susan in San Diego, who writes:

Dear Dr. Robyn,

I feel like the worst Mom. My son is 4 years old and he has always been a very sweet and loving boy. But the other day when we were playing with his toy trucks on the floor he got really mad, threw the truck down, and told me that he hated me! I was so surprised that I didn’t know what to say. I want to be prepared for the next time it happens (if it happens). What should I do?

Susan, San Diego, CA

Watch the Ask Dr. Robyn video to find out some answers to Susan’s question that can help any parent teach their child about how to cope with their anger.

Comments