The tragedy of life... we wait so long to begin

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
~W. M. Lewis

The other day, two different people complimented me on how well I can walk four dogs and inspired this post. What most people don't realize is the major of the time is spent preparing and beginning the walk correctly that makes the rest of the walk go well.


If I was not patience enough or worse yet, didn't even bother to walk them, my dogs would behave totally different.

The start of any endeavor is usually more difficult than the actual journey. At the beginning of February, I decided to challenge myself to live for a year like a karate master because I thought that it would provide valuable insights for my own karate.

Before I announced the challenge, I could have delayed or never began, but I decided to go for it. Now, I am so glad I did. The 100 punches and kicks into the bag every day is easy to maintain. Because of my diet improvements, I lost 7 lbs. so far. I am easily exceeding the 5 minute meditation requirement. I've found it very enjoyable. In addition to these, I've increased my flexibility tremendously through a daily stretching routine. My goal is to reach a full split.


The kata requirement of 20 kata per day is a huge commitment of time. I continue to maintain this regimen which means I've performed well over 1000 kata already. It's worth the effort because I've come to some extraordinary realizations about the kata and karate in general in this two months.

The above quote is so true. Many times, we wait for the perfect moment to begin and never get around to it. It's so easy to let things like the kids, lack of time, the pressures of work, and lack of money become barriers to working towards the life we truly want.


Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments