Ways to increase your well-being and energy level


Recently, I had several people comment on my positive energy level and ask how I do it. Between kickboxing four times a week, managing our school, and constantly teaching awesome classes every night, people wonder how I maintain a high energy level and positive attitude all the time.


It's all about creating habits that renew your energy level. Here is a list of things that I use to renew myself every day. Many of these ideas, I do at the same time synergizing the effects of each one in less time.


1) Reduce processed sugars - Sugars reek havoc on your blood sugar levels leaving you feeling tired and unmotivated. By cutting the processed sugars, you will maintain a steady energy level.
2) Get 8 hours of sleep - Sleeping gives your body time to recharge. It's also the time that your muscles recover from that recent workout and come back strong then ever.
3) Walking - I walk my dogs daily. I find walking helps clear my head and leaves me feeling calm and alert.
4) Many small meals per day - Again, eating many small meals a day helps you maintain an even blood sugar level throughout the day. I eat three meals and three planned snacks per day. Make sure you have a healthy combination of carbohydrates and protein.
5) Less computer and TV time - Although these activities are seductive, they will drain your energy level so avoid them as much as you can.
6) Listen to inspiration things - I love Joel Osteen. When I listen to his broadcasts, I always leave feeling uplifted. Find things that uplift you regularly.
7) Meditate - Giving your brain a five minute vacation through meditation. It will make a huge difference in your day.
8) Engage in positive self-talk - Constantly, engage in self-talk that enhances and serves you instead of allowing your self-talk to automatic manage you. Remember, "You are what you think about most of the time."
9) 12 minutes of intense exercise - You can get an extremely effective workout daily in 12 minutes just make sure you really push yourself. If you are interested in finding out more, check out www.bodyrock.tv. They show you three intense, short workouts per week. I've tried some of them and they are wonderful.
10) Flexibility - This is an area I've neglected in the past. Recently, I've begun stretching regularly. As I've increase my flexibility, I've seen some nagging pains in my lower back and left knee disappear. While you watch TV is a great time to stretch. Ignore the other members of your family who may think you are strange. Believe me, the health benefit far outweigh any criticism.


There you have it, ten ways to increase your well-being and energy level. Don't think that you need to do all of these at the same time. Pick one and make it a habit before moving onto the next. I, personally, have had short periods of time where all of these came together at the same time.


Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments