Challenge Your Excuses

Many times when I want to do something excuses arrive...
"I am exhausted today."
"I don't feel like it."
"I am too busy with the kids."
"I need to work late all the time"
"I don't want to miss XYZ on TV tonight."
etc., etc., etc.

These excuses stifle many opportunities. I noticed that it's easier for adults to make excuses for ourselves then our kids. 

Why?


Because if our kids tells us that they don't feel like doing something, the parent says "Too bad, you're doing!" In the end as parents, we know that it's important so we don't take "No" as an answer, knowing that they will be better off for our commitment.


When we get older, we no longer have our parents to guide ~ read as force us ~ to follow through on the commitments, we've made. Instead we let this minor push backs keep us from moving forward. 


The best way to push through these excuses is to challenge them. We need to recognize the excuse and mentally fight back. Every day, we need to recommit to our goals and stick with them. 

This is how we forge the path to personal mastery.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments