Ippon Me Mae - 268




Here's my third update on the continuation of my 1000 rep Iaido challenge for Ippon-me mae. I am now at 268 reps with the katana.

The following video shows a comparison of rep 130 against rep 268. As you will see in the video my performance has great improved.

Thanks to Steve for sending me a private video that gave me lots of pointers on my performance. He puts out some great videos on swordsmanship.

Check out his channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/lennybruce8

My biggest problem is that Steve gave me so many pointers that I am over thinking my performance so I have spend a lot of time working on some of the parts especially the draw and resheathing.

Some ask me what style I am training. Great question! When I started this challenge I picked a video that I was attempting to replicate.

Here's the link to that video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQviy4...


Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments

John Ranford said…
In answer to your question as to what style you are studying, mae is the first kata from seitei iaido, the gentleman in the video also appears to study Muso Shinden-ryu. NicostormUK