Funakoshi Karate Throwing Technique - Kubiwa with Arm Drag Setup



To watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/yyqJ5TAPzuA

Demonstration of the technique, Kubiwa or encircle the neck as shown in Funakoshi's Master Text, Karate-do Kyohan in the Throwing Technique or Nage Waza section.

The thing that many people forget to teach is the setup. The setup is really important and often neglected. We want to practice the technique and neglect the setup.

The setup for Kubiwa today is an arm drag. The arm drag setup is perfect for self-defense situations like a hook punch to the head or a single arm shirt grab, single hand choke, side club attack, or side knife attack.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, cool web website. I seriously came upon this on Bing, and i am stoked I did. I'm likely to definately be revisiting right right here an excellent deal more frequently. Wish I could add on the write-up and bring just a bit considerably far additional for the table, but I'am just absorbing as substantially data as I can within the second.