Buckwheat Honey better than Over-the-Counter Cough Medicines


Since I’ve been sick all week, I guess it’s no surprise that this post is illness related. You can count on me for digging up some obscure research while I am delirious with a fever.

One of my students, who works for Johnson & Johnson. He was telling us that most of the over the counter cough medicines are ineffective.

I was looking into it further and found a research study performed at Penn State demonstrating that small dosages of Buckwheat Honey suppresses coughing better than over the counter cough medicine. This left me wondering why we spend so much money on those expensive, awful tasting remedies when we could treat it with the inexpensive sweetness of buckwheat honey. For more details, go here.

Ester and I tested a teaspoon buckwheat honey and found that it does work. Apparently, the honey coats and overwhelms your sweetness receptors that are responsible for coughing. We acquired a taste for the buckwheat honey and use it in our tea now.

What do you think? Do you think that Buckwheat Honey or Cough Medicine is more effective?
Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.
Anonymous said…
Yes, it is solved.