Monthly Challenge: One Hour Outdoors

My monthly challenge has been to spend at least one hour per day outside. This week went great until Friday when we experienced torrential downpours. I only got about 20 minutes in walking my dogs in the rain.

On Saturday, I made up the extra time spending about 3 hours outside.

Then, it rained again on Monday and the temperatures were unseasonably cold. I stuck it out and spent my time reading on my front porch. Brrr! It was cold.

The rest of the week appears to be warm and sunny.

Have I seen any benefits?
When I first started this challenge, I stated that I wanted to see if it would help with some allergy symptoms I felt. I have noticed a difference with less morning congestion.

Any other benefits?
It really helps my attitude. I don’t know what it is but getting outside boosts my positive attitude, and enthusiasm. It’s a great mood enhancer. I find that it give the same level of relaxation that meditation provides.

I guess the bottom line is to get outside more for better health.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments