Patience creates results more than any other talent

If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.
~ Isaac Newton

People remark about my patience frequently whether it’s about my students, childs, or my dogs. Many ask how I can be so patient.

The answer is easy…

It produces the results I want.

I learned this lesson about a year ago when I was working with a dog trainer with my four dogs. I had all the elements correct accepted I was too hurried to get the desired results. I noticed that the dog trainer was patient and would wait to get the result she wanted. I was able to repeat the results by being more patient.

After that, I thought “Well, if it worked on the dogs, I wonder if it would work on a child.” In classes, I started to experiment with using specific commands followed by silence. IT WORKED!

I would make statement like “I will start the game when everyone is sitting like a Black Belt and silent,” or “We will bow out as soon as everyone is standing at attention and quite,” followed by silent. The fun part about it is that the students started correct the others that didn’t comply with the command and the children became more attentive.

It shows the great power behind silence and patience.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments