How to tie a karate belt - Super Lock Style



Click here to watch the video

I am super excited about this. I discovered a Super Lock Style of tying your karate belt from Rener Gracie. For years, I was annoyed by my obi constantly becoming loose or untied making me stop to crank my knot tight only to become loose again in a few seconds of training.

The Super Lock method of belt tying starts with the regular style of tying your belt but before tightening the knot completely, you slid the tails or endings of the belt between the wrap layers of the belt. Pull it tight and you have a knot that will stay tied all night.

BTW, I think the Grace Academy YouTube site is providing some of the best Martial Arts related videos. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/GracieAcademy

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Comments