What I learned in 2008 ~ a Cliff Note Version

2008 has been one of the greatest growth years in my life. At the beginning of 2008, I decided to start writing in my blog 4 to 5 times per week. Writing in this blog and you, my readers have become my greatest accountability coaches. In fact, the pull to achieve is so great that I overachieved all of my 2008 goals.

Since 2008 was an amazing year, I wanted to give everyone a cliff note version of the profound lessons that I learned. So, here it goes…

Most Influential Books of 2008: The 4-Hour Workweek and Be the Pack Leader. In reading The 4-Hour Workweek, I realized that I have many of the same attitudes as the author. Although I have a family, so I don’t plan on traveling the world any time soon. I did use the advice in the book to cut my karate schools administrative work by about 80% leaving me with more free time and my students with better overall service.

Be the Pack Leader by Casear Milan taught me more about leadership than any other book even though it’s a book on dog training. I found that the leadership skills transcend just teaching dogs and applied many of the philosophies to my karate classes.

Our emotions are contagious. I realized this year that our feelings and emotions have a viral effect. Instead of letting other’s emotions infect me, I worked on letting the feeling flow through me but not let them take hold.

Writing paints a picture. The more I write, the more I realize that writing paves the way into our future. The things we write about influences our reality and our future.

In 2008, I completed a series of challenge – One month without coffee, a month without sweets, the 100 pushup challenge, the 60 situps in a minute challenge. Each of these challenges helped me grow in some way and pushed me beyond perceived limits. I already have ideas for some new and interesting challenges lined up for 2009.

Cooking became a passion. For this blog, I explored healthy eating habits and began to challenge myself in cooking. Now, I have a really passion for it. I also discover that creating healthy meals from scratch is simple, enjoyable, and satisfying.

At the beginning of the year, I wrote about creating a Mastery Snowball and how self-development comes from mastery snowflakes - many little steps in the end become big. This year, I feel that I really got the Snowball rolling downhill and this year, I know that I can do even better.

2009 – Here I come…

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments