Food Stamp Challenge 2009 - Day 2

Yesterday was day 2 of my food stamp challenge. The day went well. I got a little hungry at night but my energy level stay good all day.

Day 2
Breakfast - Fried Egg and Homemade bread
Mid Morning Snack - 8oz milk, Banana
Lunch - Sloppy Joes on homemade bread/ Salad with lettuce, carrots, oil, and vinegar
Mid Afternoon Snack - 8oz mild, orange
Dinner - Sloppy Joes on homemade bread with lettuce
Nighttime Snack - Homemade Kettle Corn which is popcorn cooked on the stove with oil and tablespoon of sugar

The sloppy joes, I made from scratch with tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, Ketchup, and chili powder. I didn't measure the ingredients. I just added it to the ground beef and adjusted according to favor. It turned out better than the store bought mix. I ate it more as an open face sandwich.

I am considering continuing this challenge for an additional week and adding to the leftover ingredients from this week.

Sensei Tim Rosanelli
Maximum Impact Karate
(215) 249-3532
www.maximpactkarate.com
timrosanelli.blogspot.com
60situpschallenge.blogspot.com

Sensei Talks: Tim Rosanelli

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't see barbecue sauce, ketchup and chili powder on your shopping list... does this mean I can use stuff I have in my kitchen?
Tim Rosanelli said…
Condiments and spices are allowed but I am using a per unit cost. I calculate the cost of the amount used. I left some dollars in my budget for it.